People are always telling me they miss their bread so when I saw that Sara Britton of My New Roots had come up with this brilliant life changing loaf, I had to try it. I have adapted it by replacing the rolled oats with quinoa flakes and swapping out the maple syrup with coconut nectar. It really can be difficult to give up the wheat bread we all grew up on and so when you discover a recipe for a loaf like this it truly is life changing! It is delicious toasted so you can store it sliced in the freezer and pop it into the toaster for a quick piece of toast.
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup macadamia nuts or brazil nuts
1 1/2 cups quinoa flakes (also known as rolld quinoa)
2 tbsp psyllium husks (3 tbsp if using powdered)
1 tsp unrefined sea salt
1 tbsp honey or coconut nectar
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cups water
1. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients, stirring well.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together honey (or coconut nectar), coconut oil and water
3. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined and the dough is very thick.
4. Transfer and press into to a greased loaf pan. It is important to press the dough very firmly into the loaf pan to avoid the loaf being crumbly.
5. Let sit out on the counter for at least two hours. You can also let it sit overnight if you would like.
6. You know that the dough is ready to bake when it retains its shape when pulled away from the edge of the pan.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
8. Place the loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from loaf pan and place upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30 – 40 minutes. You will know that the bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
9. Let cool completely before slicing.
10. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to five days or slice and freeze. I doubt that this bread will even make it to the freezer! Makes 12 slices.
To learn more about what Julie has to offer, purchase her bestselling books and online program at the links below.
Click here: To learn how to heal your digestion
Click here: Lose weight and balance your hormones